1984 Fender Mustang
White (very light blue?)
A bit of a curiosity with this body.... It seems like the paint (which appear white with a bluish tinge)
has rubbed through in several places and what appears to be red paint underneath is visible. Which makes me
wonder if red was one of the colors to be offered at the 1984 Mustang along with the white (and the very light
blue) but was rejected by Yamano music (red Mustang was never used by a famous Japanese musician) and was
oversprayed this color?
- No serial numbers (usually, this era Fender had the
"S9xxxxx.." serial number on the headstock)
- Three body colors? Cream, white, and very light blue?
- Two string guides
- Brownish "Red Tortoise Shell" pickguard
- White or black pickup covers and white or black pickup
selector switches with rosewood fretboards or one piece maple neck
- White pickup base with some black ink stamped codes (pickup serial number?)
- Headstock numbers: DES. 186,826 PAT 2,960,900 2,741,146 & PAT. PEND.
- No patent marking on bridge plate
- Knurled bridge barrel with two allen key each for height adjustment (like Jaguar/Jazzmaster)
- Kluson-type tuners (probably Gotoh-made) with no markings